Monday, August 5, 2024

ANIME EXPO 24 ⋆˚✿˖° CON & メイク―୨୧⋆ ˚

Yo its cherri (poyo) !!

 ‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾


Welcome back to the blog!

 

Little update on me, I got Invisalign recently! It really hurts and high key sucks right now so I’m blogging to distract myself (っ◞‸◟ c)

 

Anyways, todays blog is...

 

Anime Expo recap FINALLY!

 

Lets get to it!





 

Ok but first... mini mail check! Acrylic stand heaven LOL

 





 

Some yuuka and hina goods to make me feel better! I’m excited for them to come home (๑>ᴗ<๑)


Ive been having so much fun with BA these days... Im forcing myself to blog rn since theres maitnence TT

 

─── ⋆。°✩

 

Ok... NOW moving onto anime expo stuff!

 

if you've followed me for a while now, you’ll know I go to anime expo every year without fail! It’s something I look forward to every year ><

 

Day 1: OOC

 

I went out of cosplay on Thursday! I wanted to get all my goods with ease!

 

I ended up coming quite late, but it was a chill and fun day!

 

I bought my newest fumo!!! Kaguya!!!

 



I’ve made a tradition of buying a new fumo each year, so welcome home my 3rd fumo lol! She was promptly reuinited with mokou hehe

 

I also saw sooo many fun things!

 



 

New marin AND Sajuna figures?!?!?!? I’m in heaven...

 

I need sajuna SO BAD

 


I also met marin again!

 

Hopefully I can see her next year as well~

 

(ෆ˙ᵕ˙ෆ)♡


and last but not least, my make!

 

FINALLY I am reunited with my bottom lashes, so I needed to do usual style~!

 



 

I also wore a cute kogal style look with lots of donpen!


 

I wanna buy more donpen merch....

 

OH AND LOOK!

 


 

I got a donpen ribbon at con hehe

 

Day 2:

 

I cosplayed bocchi on day 2!!

 

I watched bocchi this year, and fell in love... It took me SO long to finally watch it LOL but when I did, I became obsessed!!

 

So bocchi this year was a must! I did her maid look from the anime~

 



I didnt really like it though... I want to try again and do her justice!!!

 

However, the community completely surprised me (,,>﹏<,,)

 

I met so many bocchi fans and got so many more compliments than I ever thought I would!!

 

It warmed my heart a lot 

 

Then I did the majority of my shopping! I had lots of fun in artist alley searching for all the marin and bocchi hehe

 




Day 3:

 

The most important day of the con...

 

My muse dash cosplay!!!

 

This cosplay took sooooo much prep and work... It started months ago!

 

I commissioned lio for my wig, and it turned out SOOO AMAZING!!!

 

Lio did NOT disappoint (Emoji) and I got so many compliments thanks to their work (Heart)

 


 

I decided I wanted to make miku's microphone stand, but knew I couldn’t do it myself...

 

I went to my super talented friend chai and commissioned her to bring it to life!

 

and she blew it right out of the water too (˶˃ ᵕ ˂˶)



It was such a fun experience getting to have a prop for the first time! It made all of my posing that much more immersive!

 

And of course, the costume!

 


 A bit of a rant: as you can see I modified the costume to be more modest,

 

I wanted so badly to just wear it as it’s supposed to be worn, and not being able to made me feel really upset with myself

 

It can be hard to walk the line of wanting to be as canon as possible and wanting to not push your boundaries.

 

I want everyone to know that you shouldn’t feel bad for changing or altering a part of a cosplay that you aren’t comfortable with! Cosplay is for you and no one else!

 

 

That all aside, the day itself was super fun!

 

We performed at the Vocaloid meetup, which was...

 

I made many mistakes (ᵕ—ᴗ—)

 


I also got this cute lemonade with an ice bear in  it! lol

 

It was refreshing in the summer heat...



And on my way back to the hotel I spotted the coolest miku itasha!! so pretty hehe

 

Day 4:

 

The last day came so quickly...

 

I cosplayed ruby with my friend alba as memcho!

 

We looked so cute in the Idolmaster collab fits...



The last day was slow, we shopped a little, did a photoshoot and ate more good food.

 

But I was really happy with my ruby cos!

 

I love cosplaying ruby (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) Thank you alba for making me do it hehe

 

 

and that was ax... It was over too fast!!

 

My final thoughts on AX this year:

 

SO MUCH BETTER!!! Improvement was wild!

 

+ AC was amazing! Halls were cool and I didn’t feel hot once inside

+ Halls were never too crowded, I always came at 10:00

+ Exhibition hall was not crowded at all, had lots of ease navigating

+ I never ONCE waited in a line to get inside

 

- Artist alley could have been organized better, the booths were still too close together and the space felt crowded due to big industry booths like enstars being downstairs..

- A bit of confusion as to where some activities were located, specifically the new food area where the help booths used to be

 

overall score: 8/10

 

It was worth my money and my time 100% this year and I had a crazy good time.

 

Typically, after ax each year I say to myself "am I really going to do this again?" But after this year all I could think was "omg! who should i cosplay next year?!"

 

It was a year to remember for sure.

 

See you next year ax!!



 


 

Did you go to ax this year? Maybe ill convince you to go next year~

 

Anyways, I am planning to head to Anime Expo Chibi this fall for the 2nd time and I’m super excited! Gonna debut a new cosplay... ill throw hints out later~

 

In terms of events, here’s my current schedy!

 

8/31: Anime Impulse (Maybe)

 

11/2: Anime Pasadena (Maybe)

 

11/9: Anime Expo Chibi


11/16: Akiba Live #6

 

And that’s all for now!

 

It was fun chatting! sorry it took me so long to put this blog out... Ill be streaming minecraft this thursday so be sure to catch me there! But for now, Ill rest ദ്ദി ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ )


see ya!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

ANIME EXPO 24 ⋆˚✿˖° CON & メイク―୨୧⋆ ˚

Yo its cherri (poyo) !!   ‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾ Welcome back to the  blog !   Little update on me, I got Invisalign recently! It really hurts an...