Saturday, October 16, 2021

109 G A L ☆ My love letter to gal

 Yo!! 

This blog post is so late,,, but let's not worry about that. Life has been pretty hectic lately! But also its been pretty great. last week was 10/9!! A day that a lot of gaijin gyaru have been referring to as 109 day :))  As a result I got dressed up and went down to little Tokyo!! (wooooow again??) Ive been gal since January of this year and I can't wait to continue this amazing journey with you all! So I have a small "love letter" to gal and some photos from my 109 day!! enjoy <3




 I went with an overall cozy theme cuz I didn't really feel like getting all dolled up! so here's my cozy code of the day~


Hoodie : MA*RS
Shoes: YUMETENBO

It was a super fun look!! (I actually burned alive tho wwww) And I had fun matching the textures and colors :)) If you know me you'll know that I LOVE little Tokyo and every time I go, I find myself spending all my cash at make asobi! well this time is no exception either- Heres the gets!! <3



I got the infamous mascara!! I was excited to try it out :)) (its actually amazing) and restocked on my favorite dolly wink bottoms. I also got sum can make stuffs and a night treatment mask set!! I actually adore this little set of 30 masks for 16 bucks, its very refreshing which is nice since masks really bug me most times. 


A love letter to gyaru
    
    All my life I've felt like I'm filling a box to pass by. I struggled with awfully low confidence as many young girls do, and I struggled tremendously with internalized Misogyny. I wanted to love myself, and be girly but it was as if there was this huge wall stopping me from being able to be something. To make something out of myself and be who I wanted. I discovered gyaru mainly through Idolmaster, and other various anime/manga material and something immediately clicked. It was a fashion so bold yet so beautiful that completely embraced femininity and confidence in a way I had never seen before. The first time I tried gal makeup I felt so amazing. It was awful and lacked all the necessary criteria for gal make, but I felt on top of the world. This euphoria only heightened when I got further down this sparkly rabbit hole. I bought my first brand items, a liz Lisa off the shoulder sweater and beautiful yumetenbo heart heels. I got my first magazine haul and flipped endlessly through ageha. The only thing I knew was that I HAD to do this. I had to become the best gyaru I could be. I was 100% in love, and wanted to do everything I could to keep this feeling. Fast forward to now. Gyaru has helped me regain a little bit of power back in my life after a really dark point of my life, and made me feel so beautiful and alive. I would never trade this feeling for the world, Gyaru changed my life and for that I will always be grateful. 


Thank you for teaching me how to love myself and the world around me. Gal saved my life, happy SUPER LATE 109 day!! I hope gyaru makes you all feel confident and beautiful. 

Thank you for reading!! What is your favorite part about gal??



No comments:

Post a Comment

AKIBA LIVE 完成 A week of vocaloid ๋࣭ ⭑⚝

Yo! Its cherri (poyo) Welcome back to the blog! Trying to keep up with my goals, so today I'm writing about the crazy week I had (AKA wh...